- Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- A top fermenting yeast.
- The typical analysis of London ESB active dry yeast: Percent solids 93%-95% Living yeast cells ? 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast Wild yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells*
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
- According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis.
- London ESB yeast is best used at a fermentation temperature range of 18-22°C (65-72°F). Fermentation is generally completed in 3-5 days dependent on recipe and process conditions.
- Attenuation range 65-75%Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
- Produces a clean, well balanced ale.
- Medium attenuation preserves some beer complexity.
- Best for well-balanced British style ales.